About

The Stamford High School Band Parent Association, Inc. is a volunteer, non-profit organization which serves to promote and support the educational and artistic goals of the Stamford High Band Program.  Comprised of parents and staff members, our main task is to provide logistical and financial support.  We also organize various fundraising events, chaperone students, and represent the interests of the band and its student members to the Board of Education, school officials and the public.

If your child is enrolled in a band class, you are already a member of the Band Parent Organization.   We meet monthly with our director, George Beratis to discuss how we can best support his efforts.  Parent volunteers are an integral part of the success of the band program and there are many opportunities for involvement, so please consider donating your time and talent to support the band.

Our contact information:

George Beratis, Director   gberatis@stamfordct.gov and stamfordhighbandparents@gmail.com

Carrie Jachimczyk, President    ccjach@gmail.com

Lori and Stephen Garst, Treasurers    steve.garst@proforma.com

Marc Bagan, Secretary    marcbagan@att.net

Roberta Cohen, Fundraising   rcohen011@optonline.net

Julie Loffredo, Fundraising  julieloffredo@yahoo.com

2 Comments

1. I went to the Dartmouth percussion homeshow Last night. I want to congratulate your ensemble for a great performance. To compete against 9 other bands and come out on top is a great accomplishment. I was sitting next to the group when they were announcing the placements and the students were patiently listening and as it got down to 6th place and they weren’t called you could hear the buzzing of anxiousness I kept listening and watching them as their excitement built. When they announced 4th place, hope was building and was contagious to me also . I had my hands clench when third was called and now the kids emotions are still in control but they’re struggling. So am I at this point . And in second Place …… Newtown. I hollered and the group did too, and well deserved. I know as a unit you work very hard and it paid off last night And I wish you the very best for the rest of the season .Hope to see you again and maybe in Dayton too.
    Mr. Raymond Medeiros
    Former President of the Dartmouth, School Music Association.
    P.S. I am not affiliated with the organization any more . I’m just a resident who loves this program and music in our schools, which March is National Music in our schools month. Let your community know what you guys have been doing . Congratulations Again

2. Aleksandra Karasick-Alrwashdeh

When are you open this year for Christmas tree lot sales? I am a long time supporter of getting my tree from you guys . What are the largest trees you have this year ? I am looking for 12 foot or larger…. Can you contact me ASAP …
    I am Aleksandra Karasick-Alrwashdeh…. You can contact me by email at Habam.edu@gmail.com or call me at work at 475-619-5019 …My cell is 917-783-1411