Welcome Letter from our Band Director

Welcome to the Stamford High School Band!  My name is George Beratis and I am honored to begin my seventh year here as Band Director.  I am a 2002 graduate of Stamford High and I currently teach Concert Band, Jazz Band, Jazz Combo, Marching/Pep Band, Winter Percussion, Pit Orchestra, AP Music Theory, and Guitar Class.

For more than 80 years the Stamford High School Band has been a vibrant part of the school and community.  The 2017/2018 promises to continue that tradition and will be filled with great music, exciting travel opportunities, and a very challenging performance schedule.  In addition to three school performances scheduled this year, in October our award winning Marching Band will perform a halftime show with the US Army Band at Michie Stadium at West Point, NY.  They will also perform at five Stamford High home football games in addition to marching in four local parades.  Our Winter Percussion Ensemble is looking forward to another successful season and our Jazz Band will appear at festivals throughout the tri-state area.  In the spring, our Pit Orchestra will begin preparing for the Strawberry Hill Players drama production, “The Wiz.”

Being involved in the Stamford High School Music Department is an richly rewarding  experience that will help build confidence and character.  Our music students learn valuable life lessons such as commitment, teamwork, time management skills, and personal responsibility while having a lot of fun!

I look forward to meeting with you and answering any questions you may have.  My office telephone number is 203-977-4306 and my email is gberatis@stamfordct.gov.

George Beratis