A Letter from our Band Director

Dear Band Parents,

I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to take this opportunity to discuss our progress this season, and to update you on our upcoming performances and fundraisers. We are approaching one of our busiest times of the year where we need “all hands on deck.” Below you will see a list of all our performances that our students need to attend.

November 7th- Football Game at SHS

November 9th- Veterans Day Parade (Families should leave their Sunday free from 10am-2pm)

November 10th- In-school Veterans Day Concert with Music Department and History Department.

November 14th- Football Game at SHS

November 15th- Western Regional Auditions

November 26th- Football Game at SHS (Thanksgiving Eve)

****Check event details on my website calendar by visiting stamfordhigh.org and clicking on Stamford High Marching Band on the right side of the home page.****

Please remember, these events are mandatory. Our biggest performances are parades. I need and expect 100% participation. Also, missed performances can affect your “good standing member” status and impact your participation on the Philadelphia trip.

Please be sure to encourage your students to have a regimented practice schedule! We are off to a great start this year, and a steady and consistent practice routine will help us drastically improve our program! Students goal should be to have three to four practice sessions a week. A practice session should include a good warm-up (long tones, scales), music we are practicing in band, and something fun.

We are also approaching the season for our tree lot fundraiser. As you all know, this is a whole group effort! We need participation from every student and every parent. This is our biggest fundraiser and it takes a village! The band parents will be given information about the tree lot shortly. There will also be a student sign-up sheet in the band room. Let’s all work together to make this a success. The tree lot is our biggest fundraiser, but also the most fun.

I look forward to working with all of you during these events.

Best,

Mr. Beratis

Bookmark the permalink.